Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Read

Lately I've spent much time on my comps. But I have managed to read a thing or two aside from critical theory.

Tonight I've read "Do Not Awaken Them With Hammers" by Lidija Dimkovska, translated from Macedonian by Ljubica Arsovksa and Peggy Reid (Ugly Duckling). Totally great. Anybody (and there are quite a few) who like Tomaz Salamun's work should run out and buy this book.

I've also been reading John Wilkinson's amazing "Lake Shore Drive" (Salt). If I hadn't completely lost all respect for Silliman, I would volunteer that this book should be thrown into the weird, narrow-minded discussion that he held recently. Anybody who likes Joyelle's poetry (Or Bruce Andrews') should run and get this book.

I also read the New Yorker article about Suzan-Lori Parks, whom I just taught in my avant-garde seminar. It's well worth reading. I love her. She's great.

Also: Gloat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home