Thursday, May 31, 2007

Stockholm and Iowa

I got a couple of grants and I'm going to be in Stockholm August 1-15 to do research on Swedish concretist publications from the 60s and do some translating with some Swedish poets. So if you're going to be in town, let me know and we'll meet up.

Also, I recently went back through Iowa City for an evening. Looks pretty much the same as the last time I was there (7 years ago). Only this time around I was much happier (in general). Matt "the poetry snark" Miller is doing well - he's writing a fantastically interesting thesis about Whitman's compositional method. But I have to disagree with Amish - Athens, Georgia is a better town.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amish Trivedi said...

You'd think after shoveling snow, getting into accidents as a result of snow, having a terrible job that makes me want to slice my fingers off, and paying more for alcohol, that I would hate Iowa City.

I think I was just tired of Athens, though I could really go for Barbaritos right now. IC can't beat Athens on food, that's for damn sure.

It was good to see you (and meet Matt).

9:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh come on, Tuscaloosa is far superior to both...

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home