Monday, August 20, 2007

For Oslo

I wrote this poem for my Oslo reading. So it's dedicated to the good people there. Also here posted because I'm absolutely thrilled to have found the new Lynch at my local blockbuster.


Inland Empire:

The receiver is threatened
we pass the visible
traces of hundres of millions
insects are
burned in the fields for
five minutes
the turbulence girls us
in public out
with the pressure voice
the unsound takes effect
in the receiver
the natural drama
glittering films

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Henriksen said...

I need to get the DVD. At IFC they played a clip of Justin Theroux reading a few lines from the Upanishads that Lynch had selected. Your poem catches that sentiment, which is nowhere near the surface of any of his films but definitely resides at the bottom of all he's done. Somehow his milkshake-drinking Orientalism cranks out gorgeous terror.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home