Friday, January 11, 2008

Barbarians

When I image-googled for a picture of myself to send to Eric Lorber for promotional purposes for Joyelle's and mine upcoming Mpls reading, I came up with many interesting hits. Just one for a photograph of me but interesting to see what people write in the next room over. For one I found on the Plough Shares blog (I think) a discussion of my review of Zach Schomburg's "Mansuit" book in which John Gallaher said I had a "here come the barbarians" attitude. I found this particularly interesting because it's probably a personal fault of mine that I love barbarians. Apparently I had also said something about Flarf-poetry. I can't imagine what I may have said - though I am teaching "the howl of the abu ghraib generation" in my poetry class this semester so I have to come up with something soon. I also got many hits from the Ron Silliman blog - which means I must have been on there opinionating too much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had a link to the Henry Parland book today and somebody made a positive comment in the stream.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Johannes said...

Thanks Ron, Thanks Amish.

9:32 AM  
Blogger John Gallaher said...

There are many things to like about Barbarians. They keep things interesting.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Amish Trivedi said...

Oh no, Johannes: Thank you

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home