Monday, February 18, 2008

Joyelle, Number Troubles

I guess I should clarify why Joyelle's statement about numbers trouble is so important. Deleuze and Guattari maintain the importance that women not just try to become Man, majoritiarian - which is what Spahr's and Young's "anthological thinking"does. Rather, Deleuze and Guattari advocates becoming-woman, becoming minor:

“The only becoming is a minority one. Women, regardless of their number, are a minority, definable as a state or sub-set; but they only create by rendering possible a becoming, of which they do not have the ownership, into which they themselves must enter, a becoming-woman which concerns all of mankind, men and women included.”

(Thousand Plateaus)

[I should admit that the reason I'm posting so many entries today is that I'm writing a an essay that uses D&G to read Aase Berg's work. But I keep getting distracted.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home