Thursday, April 17, 2008

Red Bird (II)

Let me clarify: I am not in favor of suing Mary Oliver. I'm not for copyrighting words. I merely wanted to acknowledge that she used the same book title. Though it may be fun as conceptual prank to sue her and see what absurd reaches one can get to. I don't know enough about law to carry it out.

I think the best suggestion came below: Joyelle should name her next book American Primitive.

John Woods, my co-editor at Action, Yes, wrote me an email suggested Oliver's action actually brings an interesting thread to Joyelle's book. Perhaps this is particularly true since The Red Bird is actually based almost entirely on collage from newspapers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kasey Mohammad said...

Actually, in order for it to be a more parallel retaliation, Joyelle's next book should be called not American Primitive, but Merican Primitive.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Amish Trivedi said...

Eh, you can't sue someone over a title. Think of all the songs with similar names, etc.

Just make sure people aren't buying her book when you suggest Joyelle's (not that I think that would ever happen...)

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home