Monday, September 15, 2008

Lifting Belly

Joyelle just came back from Lifting Belly Conference where she presented a paper on Hannah Weiner (which is forthcoming in Boundary 2).

I looked through the conference schedule and I found a lot of talk about innovation and challenging poetry but I couldn't find a single paper on a non-English-language poet. Lots of stuff about Lyn Hejinian and Jorie Graham, but nothing about anybody from elsewhere.

If you want to know what's challenging to academic critics, that's one place to look.

(Though I do know that Cathy Park Hong talked about Danish poet Inger Christensen.)

However, I would really really love to read this paper. I must try to contact the presenter:

‘prenatal
plagiarism’
and
‘kits
of
bloodbone’:
A
‘disguss[ion]’
of
Misrecognized
Voices,
Grotesque
Bodies
and
the
Abject
Pun
in
the
Work
of
Caroline
Bergvall
and
Mina
Loy

Divya
Victor,
SUNY
at
Buffalo

4 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Oh, me too! 'Kits of bloodbone'--thrill. Share if you're given leave to? xo, D

12:25 PM  
Blogger Johannes said...

Also, Lara informed me that she talked about Aase Berg.

My point still holds.

7:02 PM  
Blogger tmorange said...

try dvictor@buffalo.edu

bests,
tom orange

p.s. my pix from LBH are here.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Johannes said...

Thank you! I'll try it.

J

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home