Thursday, February 11, 2010

Maribor by Demosthenes Agrafiotis trans. by John and Angelos Sakkis

[From John Sakkis:]

Dear Family and Friends,

Oh happy day. I just wanted let you know that The Post-Apollo Press has published Maribor, a translation from the Greek done by Angelos and myself. The book is now officially available for order through Small Press Distribution. I received the box this afternoon at the SPD warehouse and it looks great! Here's the link

http://www.spdbooks.org/Producte/9780942996708/maribor.aspx

It's been a couple years in the making between the translating and the editing and publishing. But it was well worth the wait, Post-Apollo has done a beautiful job and I couldn't be more happy with having Demosthenes make his American debut with the press.

Attached is the official Post-Apollo press release.

Thanks for all the support,
Love you guys,
John

3 Comments:

Blogger John Sakkis said...

awesome, thanks johannes...

xo

4:15 PM  
Blogger John Dermot Woods said...

Hey, John, I saw your reading in Brooklyn last month. It was excellent. Meant to introduce myself and thank your those Demosthenes translations you gave us for AY, but I had to run. So glad I can read the whole thing now. Congratulations!

7:11 AM  
Blogger John Sakkis said...

thanks john. yeah there was a whirlwind of introductions going on as well as a lot of beer. next time i'm in new york we should do both, introduce ourselves and drink beer.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home