Monday, September 20, 2010

Basquiat's Body Possessed by Media

I wrote a post about one of my favorite artists, Jean-Michel Basquiat, up at Montevidayo.com.

Actually a funny thing: The first time I saw one of his paintings it was in an interior decorating journal my girlfriend at the time had bought. She said: "Look at this picture, it looks like what one of your poems would look like as a painting." I was totally blown away even by the picture in a photograph of some modernist home in a magazine and I immediately looked up his name and found that there was a show at the Tony Shafrazi gallery in Soho (this was around 1997 or so). I went to the gallery and stayed for hours just staring at the pictures. Anyway, the post isn't about that, it's about spasms and grotesque anatomies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home