Monday, November 13, 2006

Action Books Insanity from 14 Hills

[I received this email today:]

Congratulations! 14 Hills has nominated you for a Pushcart. The complete list of nominees include the following writers:

14 Hills, Volume 12.1
Paul Gacioch
Sandy Florian
Aase Berg

14 Hills, Volume 12.2
Lara Glenum
Tao Lin
Gabriel Haman

Thank you again for your submission to 14 Hills and we wish you the best of luck as your work is further considered for a Pushcart Award.

Best,
The Editors
www.14Hills.net

[I don't know who Paul Gacioch or Gabriel Haman are, but they better be damn good.]

[I actually have no idea what a Pushcart Award is, but since it's an award I would think it's good.]

5 Comments:

Blogger Logan Ryan Smith said...

It's a big fat book that comes out annually, like BAP. The Pushcart is for "the best" poetry and fiction published in the small presses, I think. An editor can nominate anyone they've published for a Pushcart. However, I don't know, honestly, why 14hills (SF State's mag) is nominating you for a Pushcart. Unless they've changed something, a poem or story wins a Pushcart, not the editor/ publisher. Beats me.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Logan Ryan Smith said...

Not to mention, too, that they're talking of work that appeared in their own publication... not the actual Action Books of those writers.

I don't get it at all.

You should email them back and ask them what the hell they're talking about.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Johannes said...

They're nominating my translation of Aase Berg, not my editorial work.

I made the Action Books comment because not only did we publish my translations of Aase, we also published books by Tao, Sandy and Lara, all of whom were nominated.

I've been nominated to this award before, but I've never actually seen this book. It's one of those phrases I see a lot without actually knowing what they mean.

Well, now i Know. Thanks.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Tao Lin said...

logan, you're the one who is confused, i think

6:31 AM  
Blogger Logan Ryan Smith said...

i am totally confused. but now i see the light.

i'm also not very smart.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home