Saturday, January 13, 2007

John Wilkinson

I am surprised that I have seen so little (anything?) written in the blog world about John Wilkinson's last book Lake Shore Drive. It's one of my favorite books I've read in a long time. At a time when so many people are returning to anti-aesthetic simplicity (Juliana Spahr, Anna M etc), Wilkinson engages in this wonderfully poetic language (maybe Keatsian), even as he collages in New Order and various culture industry debris, in powerfully political poems. Buy it at Salt.

2 Comments:

Blogger CLAY BANES said...

sadly, spd are no longer getting new salt titles.

which puts them a little less in the world.

thanks for the urging. you've reminded me i'd tried to find this. it's to salt-click, that's it.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Michael Peverett said...

Plus, Salt are notoriously bad at getting out review copies! I suppose they figure that if they leave it long enough I'll give in and buy it myself. This'll probably work.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home