Monday, February 09, 2009


Just a note: clearly I'm offering an interpretation of Zizek's quote that he would not subscribe to. He would call my position post-modern, covering up class politics and such. I don't know why I feel the need to say that since he's pretty wild in his interpretation of say Freud.


Blogger BLN said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Johannes said...

No, it's not wild. I think this is an insightful quote. I never said this was going to be an exhaustive study about Zizek. I think it's a comment that pertains to translation.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Boyd Nielson said...

That is a pretty wild admission, especially in view of the uses to which you want to put the quote.



The above is the deleted message.

Er, let me extend this with the blogger account I meant to use:

I think this is a deployment of Žižek's comment that sidesteps what is most interesting about it, especially as it pertains to translation.


6:45 PM  
Blogger Johannes said...

Well, good, why don't you write what you think is most interesting about Zizek's comment as you see it.


6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home