Monday, June 15, 2009

List #2

This is the list of what I'm reading right now:

Joseph Beys, Arena - where would I have got if I had been intelligent
Ann Jäderlund's new book (and also I'm helping her with her Emily Dickinson translations)
Karl Larlsson's Form/Force (which I am also translating)
Various other Swedish artists whose essays and catalogs I'm translating
Aaron Kunin, The Mandarin
Angela Rawlings, Wide Slumber for Leps
Calling All Agents, Tom McCarthy (I like this manifesto better than his novel, Remainder)
Cinematic Modernism, Susan McCabe
The Worst of All by Estela Lamat (trans. Michael Leong)
Victorian Studies (Spring 2008) (About "emotions")
Susan McCabe, Descartes' Nightmare
Deleuze, The Fold: Leibniz and the Baroque (trans. Tom Conley)
Kruchneykh, Suicide Circus (trans. Jack Hirschman etc)
Kathy Acker, Pussy of the Pirates
Mark Wallace, Felonies of Illusion
Huysman, Against Nature
Cocteau, Potomac (trans. Michael Sanchez)
Juan Suarez, Bike Boys, Drag Queens and Superstars
Sara Hallström, Rötter Smälter
Amelia Rosselli, The Dragonfly (trans Guisepe Leporace and Deborah Woodard)
Jane Miller, Palace of Pearls
A lot of published and unpublished French and English translation editions of Henri Michaux

(As you can tell I'm a very scattered reader; and a chronic un-finisher.)

PS
Some more:
Mon Canard by Stephen Rodefer
Sea Urchin Harakiri by Bernard Bador (trans. Eshleman)
Nada Gordon, Folly
All kinds of journals: Mrs Maybe, Tammy, Columbia Poetry Revew, New American Writing

1 Comments:

Blogger Ross Brighton said...

Wow. I need to get back to that Deleuze, another one I put down and never got back to. I'm far too distractable. got your books today, by the way - that'll do as my reading list for the time being (as well as other, far less interesting review copies....)

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home